The organic sector is thriving. We need more farmers, research, and consumer education to keep it that way. GRO Organic check-off will help organic continue to grow. Nearly 1,400 organic stakeholders publicly support the GRO Organic Check-Off. Be sure to weigh-in this fall when the public comment period opens up in the Federal Register! Your voice counts!
IMAGINE WHAT WE COULD DO WITH $30M
- Hire organic technical specialists in every state to work with transitioning and existing organic farmers.
- Leverage federal funding opportunities and provide matching funds for organic research priorities.
- Create grants, scholarships, and apprenticeships to help young farmers develop their career in organic.
- Launch a national public education campaign about the benefits behind the "USDA organic" seal.
GET THE FACTS
- Organic producers and handlers already contributing to a check-off would get to choose which program to invest in.
- Those that already pay into state order funds for research or promotion could receive a credit up to 25% of their federal organic check-off investment.
- Organic farmers would hold at least half of the voting seats on the check-off board and be directly elected by producers in their region.
- If organic stakeholders are not satisfied they can vote to end the check-off.
Join the growing list of businesses, farmers and industry leaders who publicly support the Check-Off.